Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting organized- holiday projects

     It's that time again!  Anyone who gives handmade for the holidays knows that if you don't start early the presents will never get finished.  We have a rather large family and so I have found that getting organized is an important part of the process.  Let me show you how I do it: 


 I keep a large 3 ring binder (called my mommy notebook because it also has recipes, menus, etc. in it )  Since I usually do not use patterns I either google images or make sketches of the projects I want to make. 

    Then I organize all the info onto project sheets.  I write down any pertinent info such as needle size, yarn selection etc. as well as who the gift will be going to.  This keeps me organized enough to make sure I stay on track and do not forget anyone.  It also ensures that I don't over buy yarn and I can take it with me to the yarn store and know exactly what I need to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment