Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting organized- holiday projects

     It's that time again!  Anyone who gives handmade for the holidays knows that if you don't start early the presents will never get finished.  We have a rather large family and so I have found that getting organized is an important part of the process.  Let me show you how I do it: 


 I keep a large 3 ring binder (called my mommy notebook because it also has recipes, menus, etc. in it )  Since I usually do not use patterns I either google images or make sketches of the projects I want to make. 

    Then I organize all the info onto project sheetsI write down any pertinent info such as needle size, yarn selection etc. as well as who the gift will be going to.  This keeps me organized enough to make sure I stay on track and do not forget anyone.  It also ensures that I don't over buy yarn and I can take it with me to the yarn store and know exactly what I need to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment